Micreos Human Health B.V. is part of the Dutch biotechnology company Micreos B.V., pioneer and market leader in the development of antibacterial phage-technology. Phage’s are abundant in the natural world, occurring in seawater, soil, and in humans. They are the natural enemy of bacteria and can help us to control dangerous pathogens. We are a people-oriented company and develop and produce our products in Netherlands based on thorough knowledge of the problems of our customers.
Micreos develops the world’s first targeted antibacterial products, set to replace antibiotics. The company is viewed as global leader spearheading this exciting new field. With Micreos endolysin technology, for the first time we can kill only the unwanted bacteria – including antibiotic resistant strains – while leaving the beneficial bacteria intact. In addition, research shows that the use of endolysins does not induce resistance. This unlocks a completely new approach in dealing with the bacteria around us – also enabling daily use, as long as needed while preserving the important biodiversity on our skin and in our gut.
Help us HAMAPASAP! (Help As Many As Possible As Soon As Possible)
To strengthen our Analytical Method Development team in Bilthoven we are looking for an ambitious
- for 32-40 hours per week
Your role at Micreos
You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment. You can work both in a team and individually. You communicate clearly at all levels and you can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful way. You have a strong scientific mind-set, problem solving attitude and are pro-active. Your planning and organization skills allow you to have an overview of the necessary work and you respect deadlines.
As Technician Analytical Method Development your responsibility will be to:
- Reporting, written and oral, analytical assay development activities.
- Develop Analytical assays for Drug Substance and Drug Product.
- Implement continuous improvement activities as a result from root cause analysis to improve quality, increase assay efficiency and productivity of analytical assays.
- Ensuring robust and continuous operation of equipment by calling for regular maintenance and repairs.
- Evaluate and validate new equipment and analytical methods in collaboration with the Principal Scientist Analytical Development.
- Write analytical development status reports.
- Process incoming goods by collecting certificates of analysis and ensures distribution and storage of incoming goods conform safety standards.
- Facilitate order of raw materials for the Analytical Method Development team.
More about you and your competences
- A degree in life science (HBO/WO).
- Minimal three years working experience in a Biotech company.
- Experience in gel-electrophoresis, chromatography, spectrophotometry, immuno-assays and microbiology.
- Knowledge regarding Good Manufacturing Practice is a pre.
- Strong affinity with quality assurance.
- Critical and accurate.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluently English (written and spoken).
- Capability to write a report.
Is this the role you are looking for?
Our Micreos HR team is looking forward to receiving your CV and coverletter via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to have more information on this super exciting role? Please contact the hiring manager; Bob de Rooij via email@example.com or 088 8007118. He is more than happy to tell you all about the role!
Acquisitions following this vacancy are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Technician, HBO, HLO, Master, WO, Biomedisch, Biochemie, Microbiologie, Laboratoriumonderzoek, Laboratoriumtechniek, Bilthoven, Utrecht.