Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) opens for the following temporally job opportunity:
TEACHING LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – 1.0 fte. (V50.3774)
Department of Biomedical Engineering
TU/e is a University of Technology with a focus on Health, Energy and Mobility. Within the Health area, several departments cooperate on topics such as Chemical Biology, Regenerative Medicine, Computational Biology, and Biosensing, with close links to healthcare and industry. TU/e is an open and inclusive university with short communication lines. The people are curious, collaborative, and strive for excellence. TU/e enables its academic staff to develop research and education at an internationally renowned level. Our lively campus community facilitates connections between staff and students, in an open, friendly, vibrant atmosphere that welcomes and inspires.
The department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Molecular Bioengineering and Imaging, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering to Biomedical Imaging and Modelling. The department has more than 800 students and up to 200 tenured and non-tenured employees.
About the BME laboratories
The department facilitates research by means of independent shared laboratories for the domains of Tissue Engineering, Chemical Biology, Sensing, Imaging and Biomechanics, and cross-overs of these. At the department all laboratories are shared by researchers throughout the department, facilitating cross-breeding of ideas and resulting in state-of-the-art laboratories filled with advanced equipment. In all laboratories research as well as education take place alongside, following the master-apprentice approach of education within the TU/e. Next to intradepartmental cross-overs, the research in our laboratories extend beyond the borders of our department and even the university in to long-term collaborations and consortia, and in (inter)nationally funded research programs.
Due to a high increase of inflow of students of our department we need extra support for education needs and daily laboratory tasks within our laboratory especially at the laboratory for Cell & Tissue Engineering comprised of a facility laboratory at BSL-2 (biosafety level 2). We seek, therefore, a colleague who can begin shortly to support a technical team consisting of 7 people as Teaching Laboratory Technician.
Your responsibilities are
- Support the work of our lecturers to help and assist their students during the practical courses in the laboratory.
- Work closely with students to explain or demonstrate experiments or how to use equipment, as well as supporting individual students on research projects.
- Provide technical support to all laboratory users.
- Ensure that equipment is functioning properly and is ready to use.
- Conduct general laboratory maintenance tasks.
- Optimize laboratory protocols and develop new protocols for particular techniques when needed.
- An enthusiastic HLO/MSc with minimal 3 years work experience in Cell Biology, Biomedical Sciences, and/or Molecular Biology.
- Hands-on mentality and performance.
- Experience with standard cell/molecular biological techniques such as basic cell culture, protein assays, PCR, and flow cytometry.
- Possession of VMT certificate is an advantage.
- Experience with developing and writing protocols for laboratory techniques.
- Someone with a flexible attitude, independent, and accurate.
- Good in Dutch and English communication and presentation skills.
Conditions of employment
We offer you:
- A challenging and temporarily job in a dynamic and ambitious university (1.0 fte) for a period of one year.
- Depending on relevant experience the gross salary will be minimum € 2.261,= and maximum € 3.052,= per month (scale 7 CAO-NU) in line with the Collective Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, commuting expenses, pension scheme, 41 days of holiday for 1.0 fte., extra holiday allowance 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December and excellent sports facilities.
- A 1-year contract via EuFlex (the TU/e secondment organization).
- Information about the Biomedical Engineering department at TU/e see: www.tue.nl/en/university/departments/biomedical-engineering/
- Questions regarding the position can be directed to Mrs. Dr. Yuana Yuana, tel: 040 247 3027, email@example.com, Head of the Laboratory of Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Information about the employment conditions at TU/e see: www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/
- Other information can be obtained from the HR department, e-mail: HRServices.Gemini@tue.nl
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application by using the \’apply now’ (solliciteer direct) button on the TU/e website. Your application should be addressed to Mrs. Dr. Yuana Yuana. Please apply via TU/e website: jobs.tue.nl/en/vacancy/teaching-laboratory-technician-492574.html
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated. Applications can only be made directly via the TU/e website; applications that are made via other websites will not be considered.
Keywords: Vacancy, laboratory, Technician, Analist, Celbiologie, Moleculaire Biologie, Biomedisch, Laboratoriumonderzoek, Laboratoriumtechniek, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant.