uniQure is delivering on the promise of gene therapy – single treatments with potentially curative results. We have developed a modular platform to rapidly bring new disease modifying therapies to patients with severe disorders. We are leveraging our modular and validated technology platform to rapidly advance a pipeline of proprietary and partnered gene therapies to treat patients with CNS, Liver/Metabolic and Cardiovascular diseases. uniQure is dedicated to bring innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so each function in uniQure is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working life by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) by recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
- Location: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Education level: Bachelor / Graduate
- Job category: Research
Place in the Organization
The New Therapeutics Target Discovery Group has two functions and responsibilities (a) exploring and establishing novel gene therapy technologies (b) development of therapeutics based on the RNAi machinery. Those activities include appropriate proof-of-concept studies as well as the identification of therapeutic target leads.
The group is a major contributor to the quality monitoring of uniQure’s AAV-based products as well as value generator by delivering new technologies and therapeutic targets. Those activities are supporting the whole scope of AAV product development and have to be recognized as the explorative start of a project.
As a senior technician you are involved in practical lab work, data analysis and reporting and support of other lab members. You work according to the specific needs of the Research department and Project Groups.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities and responsibilities)
- Executes the experimental work as planned by the Senior Scientist with little supervision
- The Senior Technician is involved in practical lab work, data collection, analysis, writing and managing documentation for internal purposes (analysis and recording of data and writing reports)
- Explores new technologies that can be applied
- Recognises day-to-day problems and proposes solutions based on standard and novel procedures
- Participates in policy and planning initiatives at local project to global company level
- Educates and supports other lab members, organizes and participates in general lab tasks and activities
- Communicates the work and results obtained to the Senior Scientist and Director of the R&D Department
Qualifications & Skills
- BSc or MSc in Life Sciences, Molecular and/or Cell Biology, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a comparable position
- Strong experience in molecular, cellular and biochemical analyses, e.g. cloning, transfection, cell culture, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, Q-PCR, RT-QPCR, ELISA and western blotting
- Knowledge on AAV production and purification is a plus
- Experience to work in a fast changing and demanding environment, willing and able to act pro-actively
- Hands-on attitude
- Enthusiastic, able to educate and support other lab members with information and practical work
- Animal experience (art. 13 or 9 Dutch law on animal experimentation) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (verbal and written)
- Excellent and neat lab working skills
- Detail oriented / eye for detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active attitude, adaptive and professional
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, documentation and execution skills
- Self-organized and able to work in a team
- Ability to read and keep abreast of technical developments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under performance and time-related stress required
- Ability to train and support other team members
To apply, please click this link.
No agencies please.
Keywords: Vacancy, Research, Laboratoriumonderzoek, Laboratoriumtechniek, Analist, Technician, HLO, Master, WO, Life Sciences, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland.