Plan, set up and execute experiments that meet the ever-evolving product and service requirements of our customers
AkzoNobel’s Automotive & Specialty Coatings (ASC) business unit (BU) provides leading coatings solutions and services to customers around the world. Our business spans multiple market segments, including Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, and Vehicle Refinishes.
Within the context, your mission in this role is to support our Aerospace Coatings business throughout the world with a wide range of research activities. As such, you should have a creative and open mind towards new technologies and their potential applicability as we seek to innovate and improve our coatings.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a proactive and organized team player with a real affinity for the research and laboratory environment? Have you acquired leadership and project management skills along with the ability to communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders? Can you work closely with customers? Above all, are you eager to learn, grow and make a difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of
The role and its responsibilities
This role is based at our major site in Sassenheim, the Netherlands. Your core task is to manage the effective planning and day-to-day requirements for assigned projects and support activities. These include RM issues, VE requests, factory support, and the modification of current products to meet new business needs.
This requires you to:
- Design, carry-out, evaluate and interpret experiments under your own direction;
- Effectively report results, conclusions and propose recommendations within agreed timescales using appropriate methods;
- Understand the drivers behind the research so that you translate product and service requirements in relation to business needs;
- Align with Marketing, Procurement, Supply, Sales and third parties regarding company policy relating to confidentiality and code of conduct;
- Rapidly gain expert knowledge of performance coatings chemistry and learn all relevant Aerospace coating knowledge.
At all times you adopt a critical attitude towards results while displaying outstanding leadership/project management skills and effectively coaching and mentoring others.
Needless to say, you work safely and observe good laboratory practice in line with all AkzoNobel safety standards.
To apply for this position you must possess the following attributes:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field;
- Experience in a laboratory environment with a focus on paint products and their performance;
- Experience in physical chemistry, polymer chemistry, rheology and statistics is an advantage;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and spoken English, with speaking/understanding Dutch, German and/or French an advantage.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 190000DE or via ”this link”. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Minke van Asperen, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.