Synthon Biopharmaceuticals focuses on development of innovative medicines, including antibody-drug conjugates, in two key therapeutic areas: oncology and autoimmune diseases. In the coming years, we aim to deliver on our promise to introduce new medicines for diseases with high unmet medical need. We are inquisitive, entrepreneurial and independent. We make creative choices, and are building a promising portfolio of next-generation medicines. Synthon Biopharmaceuticals is based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, where close to 300 staff work at our state-of-the art biotech campus. We are interested in result-oriented people with a sharp mind and entrepreneurial spirit, who can contribute to our ambition to provide solutions to the healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our In Vitro Pharmacology department – part of Pre-Clinical – is looking for a
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN IN VITRO PHARMACOLOGY
- Contract hours: preferably full time.
- Starting date: a.s.a.p.
- Home base will be Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- Salary: depending on experience.
The In Vitro Pharmacology department is part of Pre-Clinical and mainly responsible for early stage development of our biopharmaceutical pipeline. Drug discovery involves in vitro research to identify the potency, selectivity and mechanism of action of new compounds in cellular assays.
You will primarily be responsible for the execution and (help in) design of research for one or more projects in the field of in the field of Oncology and Immuno-Oncology. You will develop, optimize and run cell based (functional) assays to profile small molecules, antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). Since research relies on team-work, you will closely work in a team of principal investigators and research technicians.
Your letter of motivation and CV should show that you have:
- Completed MSc, bachelor degree or equivalent education;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with immunology and cell biology, preferably in an industrial setting;
- Hands-on experience in cell culturing and preferably also with isolation of cells from blood;
- Eager to set-up and run functional assays to profile small molecules, antibodies and/or ADCs;
- Practical skills in standard lab techniques, preferably with cell imaging microscopy and flow cytometry;
- Capability to analyze data, and to report results and conclusions in lab journal;
- Good communication skills, experience in written and oral reporting (in English).
In the interviews it will be clear that:
You enjoy working in the lab and strive to deliver high quality data. You can work independently with regard to your scientific tasks, and at the same time enjoy to closely co-operate with colleagues in a team. You communicate effectively and are an enthusiastic team player with a high level of commitment and energy to work in a dynamic environment.
Please send your application before 29 October. The first round of interviews will be on 7 November and the second round of interviews will be on 12 November.
Information and application
For further information, candidates can contact Miranda van der Lee, Head in vitro Pharmacology at tel. 024 – 372 77 00.
If you are interested in this challenging position, we look forward to your application. Please apply via the below link.
Keywords: Vacancy, Research, Technician, Analist, Celbiologie, Immunologie, HLO, Master, Laboratoriumonderzoek, Laboratoriumtechniek, Nijmegen, Gelderland