Perform wide ranging research for new products and improvements within a stimulating and international research environment
AkzoNobel is a global leader in the area of Decorative Paints and Coatings. This success is based on the highest levels of research and innovation. Central to this capability is our Europe & Africa (E&A) Product Development Center (PDC) Metalcare & Concrete in Sassenheim, the Netherlands. The Center is responsible for the development and support of all Decorative Paints products that are applied on metal and concrete.
Within this context, you will play a key role in PDC research projects designed to improve and maintain waterborne and solvent-based lacquers, mainly for the European market. Projects typically have a one-to-three year horizon and you will work extensively with our leading Hammerite brand.
As such, this is an exciting opportunity to work within an expert and international R&D environment, reporting to a team leader or (occasionally) a project leader.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a responsible, result oriented and motivated researcher? Do you have the enthusiasm and curiosity necessary to learn all about our coatings and the different ways of protecting metal and concrete? Can you bring the sharp and creative approach that will help us develop and improve our coatings? Above all, are you eager to learn, grow and make a difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of
RD&I RESEACHER / SPECIALIST METALCARE AND CONCRETE
The role and its responsibilities
Working within a sub-team of three-to-four Researchers/R&D Specialists you:
- Discuss project needs, set up, plan and execute experiments to develop new products and improve/adapt existing formulation;
- Analyze, interpret and report results, present data and outcome;
- Test new and replace existing raw materials, solving issues and guiding trial batches of new recipes;
- Collaborate with the other R&D groups and give guidance to assistant specialists, starters and trainees within defined (sub) projects.
A core focus is to build and maintain strong relationships with Local Technical Support, Marketing Support Units and Manufacturing Unit teams in Europe and Africa. This is for the purposes of complaint solving, color development, modifying existing formulations according to latest (local) regulations, and ensuring product stewardship guidelines.
At all times you work safely and observe good laboratory practice and safety standards.
To apply for this position you must possess the following attributes:
- Higher Technical Education, preferably in Chemistry, with approximately five years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor or Master in Chemistry (work experience not required);
- Knowledge of coatings technology is an advantage;
- Broad computer skills and the affinity to quickly learn and master internally used software packages;
- Ability to work as a team player and assist others in the laboratory;
- Good communication and reporting skills including a good level of written and verbal English.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, or ”this link” reference 180005LT. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Brigitte de Gier, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information, visit www.akzonobel.com