Are you passionate about analyzing and manipulating proteins and antibodies?
PROTEIN CHEMIST / ANTIBODY ENGINEER
- 36 – 40 hrs/ wk
- Netherlands, Utrecht
The Protein Engineering team is responsible for expressing, analyzing and engineering (bispecific) antibody formats, and plays an important role in the discovery of groundbreaking new medicines for the treatment of cancer. Joining Merus means joining our pursuit to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
As a protein chemist / antibody engineer your main tasks and responsibilities are the following:
- Driving oncology projects from the antibody engineering perspective to ensure timely delivery of high quality novel therapeutics
- Leading and planning strategy for bi-specific antibody generation;
- Proposing new technologies and methodologies to deal with some of the liabilities of protein therapeutics;
- Driving the cloning and production of large antibody panels;
- Performing binding assays to validate antibody specificity and affinity;
- Analyzing, reporting on antibodies in a range of biophysical assays;
- Leading the delivery of results in a timely manner;
- Driving the engineering of novel antibody formats;
- Propagating skills and knowledge to team members; coaching team members.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state-of-the-art facility. We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days’ annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, with a US headquarters of its subsidiary Merus US Inc. in Cambridge Massachusetts. We also have many collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on Nasdaq Global Market and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl. When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company.
We are looking for a protein scientist / antibody engineer with the following knowledge and expertise:
- You hold a PhD in molecular biology or protein chemistry with a minimum of 2 years’ postdoctoral experience
- You have broad experience in molecular biology and/or protein chemistry;
- You are creative and focused on solutions;
- You have demonstrated competence in analyzing and engineering antibodies and recombinant proteins;
- You have experience with analytical methods such as SPR, HIC, HP-SEC, CEX-HPLC, nMS
- You are a highly collaborative scientist who works well in teams;
- You are able and used to communicate cross-functionally and coordinate across teams;
- You have high standards and you are quality-driven.
Apply directly via the ‘Apply‘ button or for more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number +31(0)30 – 253 8800.
Please send in your application by July 26, 2019 at the latest.
Keywords: Vacancy, Research, PhD, Molecular biology, Protein chemistry, Utrecht.