Pepscan is an all-in-one partner in peptides, building on 25 years of experience in advancing and applying peptide expertise to facilitate customers in the discovery, development and production of peptides. At its end-to-end facility in Lelystad, the Netherlands, Pepscan offers a range of patented technologies, phage display capabilities, a lead-optimization array platform and production facilities for R&D- to GMP-grade peptides, including libraries and neoantigen vaccines. Among its patents is the CLIPS™ technology, which locks peptides into active conformations.
With its epitope mapping service platform, Pepscan also supports biotech companies in developing their antibody pipelines. The underlying protein mimicry platform delivers binding insights, even in cases where other technologies, such as linear, fall short.
Pepscan has built a strong position for synthesis of the most complex peptides for a large variety of customers, from academia to big pharma. Our team of scientists and technicians have a strong track record in delivery of high-quality complex peptides by applying smart science and using our flexible manufacturing capabilities in the Netherlands.
We are looking for a
PRODUCT SPECIALIST COMPLEX PEPTIDES (m/v)
The Product Specialist Complex Peptides acts as first contact and sparring partner for our customers. The role is focused on finding and defining technical solutions for our customers, with the additional aspect to define the (commercial) conditions to realize these.
A typical (small) project starts with getting an in-depth understanding of the request of the customer (this can vary from an existing detailed design of a complex peptide to just a high-level conceptual idea). The next step is to define the technical solution (a synthesis strategy for a peptide design – including the related specs and analytics) based on your own peptide chemistry expertise, enriched with the knowledge and experience from our MS&T team (manufacturing support, science & technology). The technical solution will be presented as a commercial proposal to the customer. On approval of the proposal, you will ensure a warm handover to the synthesis team for production. You will keep the customer updated during production and on shipment – based on the regular progress updates you will receive.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, loves interactions with (potential) customers, and gets energy from solving customer’s peptide challenges. You have a strong peptide chemistry knowledge, which you like to apply on a wide range of customer challenges in a commercial environment.
- Fulfill the peptide expert role in the first contacts with (potential) customers
- Develop customer-specific project proposals (R&D, potentially also GMP) that maximally leverage Pepscan’s capabilities and expertise in aiding customers’ projects
- Assists the internal sales team with answering customer’s technical requests and questions
- Ensure Pepscan’s capabilities are known and recognized throughout the niche market for personalized peptides – and build rapport with contacts of potential key customers
- Bring business opportunities to fruition and develop long-term relationships by acting transparent and reliable
- Remain engaged in ongoing projects to help ensure that customer expectations are fully met at all times
- Gather and communicate relevant market developments and customer feedback to management team
- Ensure that project proposals and meeting updates are submitted in a timely manner
- Presenting the company in meetings and at conferences
- Entrepreneurial scientist with M.Sc. or Ph.D. in peptide chemistry
- Experience in a commercial environment is an advantage
- Experience with(in) the pharmaceutical industry and GMP is an advantage
- Demonstrated success in building relationships on trust, engagement and long-term commitment
- A real peptide chemistry expert
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Keen business interest / commercial drive
- Able to work under pressure (workload peaks) and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willing to make trips abroad to visit customers (estimated at once every two months – mainly US/EU) and in possession of a driver’s license
- Project management skills are an advantage
What we offer
The position offers an opportunity to work within a team (~40 FTE) of entrepreneurial, science-loving colleagues, all of whom are committed to improving the lives of patients through the potential of peptides.
Pepscan offers an informal working environment, with a great deal of room for personal development and room to shape your role. We offer a market conform salary and a good pension plan. The right candidate will be welcomed enthusiastically.
More information about Pepscan and an overview of all products and services can be found at www.pepscan.com. If you have any questions, please contact Sylvia Boelens (Executive assistant / HR manager) at +31 320 225 300 / email@example.com
Please e-mail your application with CV to Mrs. S. Boelens, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Scientist, Master, PhD, Peptide chemistry, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical industry, Laboratory Research, Lelystad, Flevoland