As a Product Development Engineer, you are the one who carries out various projects to develop new fat liquors and optimize existing production processes. Do you have a Bachelor or Masters degree and are you a driven developer, ready to take the next step in your career?
Where? At Smit & zoon in Amersfoort, where we develop innovative and sustainable products with a lasting impact for tanneries and their customers. Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Then read on!
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
What are you going to do?
Fat liquors are one of the most important product groups in the tanning industry. They are being sold to tanneries all over the world. Smit & zoon develops fat liquors that contain high quality properties, which mainly determine the ultimate properties of leather. As a Product Development Engineer, you are responsible for projects in which new fat liquors are being developed as well as optimizing its processes. You also work out a workflow for your projects in collaboration with your colleagues.
You implement essential steps in the development process; you do the tests and analyses according to the project plan and in collaboration with your colleagues.
A good project-based process is important in order to make yourself a specialist in the field of fat liquors.
You report to the Manager R&D. The R&D team consists of 14 colleagues.
- You have a Bachelor or Masters degree, either in the field of chemistry, polymer chemistry, physical chemistry or organic chemistry;
- You have expertise in colloid chemistry or interfacial chemistry and experience with product development of performance materials and emulsifiers. This experience has been gained during internship(s) or from a (previous) job;
- Experience in process optimization (or process improvements) and product validations;
- You are a driven developer, with the will to grow into an expert;
- Equally important is your ability to manage projects and to profile yourself as a team player;
- You have a hands-on attitude and you enjoy working in the lab;
- You have (intern) experience in an international work environment;
- You have a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus
We like to get in touch with young professionals who are ready for a 2 nd step in their career!
We offer you
A great job at a leading internationally operating family business. We have excellent working conditions: a good salary and various attractive extras such as a 13th month and a variable bonus. Smit & zoon also offers excellent training and personal development opportunities.
The family-owned company Smit & zoon, founded in 1821, develops and produces chemical raw materials for making leather. We sell our products to tanneries all over the world, who, in turn, use them for making leather for well-known brands of bags, shoes, clothes, car clothes and furniture.
The Smit & zoon headquarters is located in Weesp, right next to one of our factories. We also have offices in Amersfoort, Germany, Italy, China and India. Thanks to our large network of agents, we can provide customers all over the world with our products and technical support.
Smit & zoon has over 250 employees worldwide. They are all professionals with a passion who deliver sustainable top performances to our customers on a daily basis.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you interested in working for Smit & zoon? Send your resume and motivation letter to Chantal Leendertse, Talent Advisor, via the below link
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: vacature, productontwikkelaar, chemie, polymeerchemie, organische chemie, colloïdchemie, grensvlakchemie, fysische chemie, Amersfoort, R&D, proces onderzoek, proceschemie