Gadeta is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing a first-in-class cellular immunotherapy for the treatment of cancer, using a number of proprietary manufacturing and T-cell engineering technologies. The Company is pioneering the development of αβ T-cells engineered to express defined γδ T-cell receptors that can specifically recognize cancer cells, eliminate them, and spare healthy cells. Gadeta has a pipeline of product candidates in development for the treatment of haematologic malignancies and solid tumours. The Gadeta office and laboratory is located in the Bio Incubator next to the UMCU and collaborates with top-tier international scientists to achieve its goals.
JUNIOR RESEARCH TECHNICIAN
- Location: Utrecht
We are searching for an enthusiastic Junior Research Technician to join the Gadeta team at our laboratories in the Life Science Incubator in Utrecht. As a Junior Research Technician, you will contribute to experiments primarily by handling of cell cultures for both tumour and healthy cell lines, primary cells, and T cell cultures. Furthermore, you will be performing molecular tests such as ELISA’s, flow cytometry analysis or qPCRs. In addition, you will be asked to perform routine laboratory work such as for example aliquoting of solutions, titration of antibodies, etc. As the main part of the work also involves working with genetically modified cells, hands on experience in working with bacteria, virus/plasmids and/or RNA/ DNA would be a pro. Under supervision, you will be responsible for data analysis and data reporting.
- Handling of cell cultures for both tumour and healthy cell lines, primary cells and T cell cultures
- Routine lab duties including maintaining and ensuring quality of key stock consumables, medias, solutions and buffers
- Performing molecular assays (ELISA, qPCR and flow cytometry analysis)
- Data analysis and reporting under supervision of a scientist or senior research technician
- Document work in lab books and technical reports according to applicable quality standards (e.g. Good Laboratory Practice)
- Ensuring laboratory equipment is maintained and kept fit for purpose
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and can adapt to a dynamic environment
For the position of junior Research Technician, we are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- MLO/MBO degree in Life Sciences, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or a closely related discipline
- Familiar with Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience in cell culture and/or molecular biology
- High level of accuracy in performing laboratory work and on reporting of data
- Experience with standard procedures such as ELISA’s, flowcytometry or qPCR
- Understanding of both written and spoken English language (working language is English)
- You are enthusiastic, open minded, goal-oriented and have a ‘getting things done’ mentality
- You are a critical thinker with an eye for detail and a team player
- >2-years laboratory experience, previous experience in biotech is preferred but not essential.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Vacancy, Technician, Analist, Laboratorium, Laboratoriumonderzoek, Laboratoriumtechniek, Life Sciences, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, MLO, MBO, Utrecht