ANALYST GC-MS, HPLC-MS
Hans van Doorn (Program Leader Biometrics/Quantitative Genetics): “Within the Quality team we are looking for an Analyst with experience in the analysis of (bio)chemical compounds in potato products. This by applying GC-MS and HPLC-MS. The purpose of this position is to analyse various potato products to obtain metabolite profiles related to quality parameters for flavour, taste and aroma”.
We are looking for an Analyst with accurate skills and the ability to run large series of samples for flavor, taste and aroma profiling according to routine protocols.
- Experience with Analytical (Food) Chemistry with focus on GC–MS, HPLC–MS is mandatory.
- You have HBO/MBO level education.
- You are independent, quality focused and precise.
- You are familiar with analyzing large series of samples.
- You have a hands on mentality and flexible in the planning of your daily activities.
- You have good communication skills and you are a team player.
You will be working on a project within the Quality team where several colleagues work on the measurement of quality traits in potato in a broad context. Within the team we are working on the analysis of flavour, taste, aroma, nutrition and texture traits of various potato varieties and related products. As an Analyst you will closely collaborate with colleagues using the same collection of instruments.
The data you produce within your project will be used for the purpose of breeding & selection of new potato varieties with optimal expression of desired quality traits.
We offer you
At HZPC we attach great importance to own initiative and personal development. You start in an informal work environment where you can develop yourself. Furthermore we offer:
- A full-time employment contract on a project basis for three years.
- A group of enthusiastic and experienced colleagues from specialized departments.
- Good secondary employment conditions, like a 13th month, a premium-free pension, travel allowance and a collective variable pay.
- A job in an international environment with a healthy and growing organization.
The location is Metslawier, Friesland, the Netherlands.
HZPC is worldwide market leader in seed potatoes and a multinational of Dutch origin. Innovation is central in the cultivation of new potato varieties that optimally match local growth conditions and demand from the market. Our team of more than 350 colleagues works from more than 16 countries and we export seed potatoes to more than 90 countries.
All our R&D activities are carried out in Metslawier. In this advanced knowledge center, around 100 colleagues from all over the world work daily to develop new varieties, improve current varieties and expand our knowledge in all kinds of specialisms.
More information can be found at www.hzpc.com.
You can show your interest by sending your application via the application form. For additional information about the position please contact Hans van Doorn, Program Leader Biometrics/Quantitative Genetics (+31 651 87 28 64 or Hans.vanDoorn@hzpc.com). For information about the process please contact Petra Kool, Human Resources (+31 612 44 2110 or Petra.Kool@hzpc.com).
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.